English has become one of the world's main languages of international communication and its significance as a Lingua Franca is ever increasing. For students who will actively participate in a variety of fields as members of the global community, it is crucial that they can express themselves fluently and intelligibly in English. Exposure to English-speaking environment is of utmost importance in gaining such competence. English Cafe is open to all students of the College of Education who wish to improve their overall English skills. Students can gather together and have group discussions or they can just chat with their friends light-heartedly. They are also welcomed to ask questions of any kind, as long as they are related to English, while studying independently: the TAs will help them and there will be a presiding native speaker at a scheduled time. Some magazines and English-related books are also available.
• Room 639, Uncho-useon Education Building
• 7 PCs (accessible to Internet), one PDP TV
• English related books: dictionaries, culture, literature, grammar and usage, etc.
• Magazines: Newsweek, Times
• Movies and Sitcoms: DVDs, Video tapes, ...
• Audio player
• During the semester: Mon-Fri 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
• During the vacation: Mon-Thu 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
• Strive yourself to speak in English and English only.
• If you get a warning 3 times speaking in Korean, you should donate an English-related book for the Cafe.
• Take care of your own trash when you leave the room.
• Restrain yourself from using computers for personal purposes, such as writing reports, chatting, etc, ...